Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July Daring Bakers - Milan Cookies

The July Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Nicole at Sweet Tooth. She chose Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies and Milan Cookies from pastry chef Gale Gand of the Food Network.

Now THESE I can get down with! We had the option to choose making either the Mallow Cookies or the Milan Cookies or both. I'm not a huge fan of marshmallows, so I went with the Milans. Annnnddd....they're not exactly finished. I know, I suck on deadlines. I stayed up till midnight last night baking batches of Milans in between catching up on The Bachelorette which I had TIVO'd.

Milans are so easy to make and taste divine (beware this is a deadly combination!). And they're super light in texture and taste, so they're easy to gobble up a few at a time. I believe my husband can testify to this one.
But one little caution note that I wish I would have known ahead of time - do NOT stack these once they've been baked. Mine were still too moist and soft and they stuck together overnight. Boo. :-(
I managed to salvage quite a few that I plan to coat in chocolate glaze tonight before heading over to my friend Jill's house to swap my Milans with her Mallows. I'm sure it will be nothing less than divine. I'm crossing my fingers that her son John Mark will give me a better score than last month's Bakewell Tart. I can't blame him either, it just wasn't all that good.
It must have been pure torture on Jeep & Seven cause they stuck by me the entire time I was baking last night. And Seven just layed down in front of the oven hoping to catch a crumb or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do realize we care about more than just cooking once a month right?
Kristin