Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We Made It Out Alive!

We're back from camping this weekend and had a great relaxing time! It was a little too cold for my taste, but at least that cut down on the bugs. You know its cold when you no longer need your cooler for cold drinks. Nights were a little rough, with a queen size air mattress, the two of us and two 65 pound Labradors. It was so freezing and got down to 36 degrees on Sunday night. The labs would just be laying there shivering, and so were we, so we just each grabbed a dog and spooned until all our body heat kept us warm. Nice visual huh? I woke up more than once with a paw, a butt, a tail or a tongue in my face.
Jeep is still terrified of fire and kept his distance by perching himself on top of a picnic table one campsite over, and Seven kept us busy by staying obsessed with his Kong (a rubber chew toy) until we would throw it for him.
The food was wonderful, the quality time was wonderful and the campgrounds were wonderful. We stayed a beautiful KOA in Chattanooga that had gorgeous trees all around us, a huge meadow for the dogs to run around in and hot clean showers which was a big bonus! I got a lot of reading done and we just enjoyed each other's company for three whole days. It was total bliss.
When it was time to pack up and head out, the boys immediately knew we were leaving and jumped in the truck picking their spots to ride. Yeah I don't think so boys - get in the back!
On the way back home, we decided to make a quick trip into downtown Chattanooga and stopped at our favorite little coffee & pastry shop Rembrandt's. It was the perfect way to end a great weekend sitting at a little cafe table in the sun eating breakfast sandwiches and delicate pastries.
To end this post, I thought I would include a video of Jason and the boys playing out in the meadow before we left camp yesterday.
I had an amazing time and I'm so glad I got to spend a whole three and a half days with my man! I love you sweetie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sooo good.. the time together. I can remember the times Lorette and I had - just the two of us.. young, frisky, beautiful days.. just "groovin'.. on a Sunday afternoon"... as the "Young Rascals" so well put it.. :-)