Monday, April 23, 2012

Little Nugget

Last week was long and exhausting.  I had something going every night and was ready to get some much needed rest over this weekend.  Sadly, I had to say goodbye to our friends Mandy & Shane who moved back to Arkansas, 9 hours away.  We had gone to their wedding last fall and have really enjoyed getting to know them better.  Mandy worked as a Legal Assistant in a law firm only a couple blocks from myself so we would get together for lunch fairly often and catch up.  They are the cutest, sweetest & most genuine couple ever. That's something about Nashville life, that I'm not sure I'll ever get used to - folks coming and going at a moment's notice. 
I will miss my country bumpkins more than they know. 

Thankfully, the week ended on a great note because I was able to be little nugget Kai's first official babysitter!  What a privilege!  This little man is only 7 weeks old and weighs in at 9 pounds of pure deliciousness.  I'm not sure if it curbed my craving in any way for a munchkin of my own or just made it worse!  It definitely took me back to days of snuggling my little Munch Addie back 18 years ago - gah! I'm so old!!!   
Just in case I got in over my head, I brought in reinforcements by having my MIL Sherry come over.  I mean do you see those cute little lips?! They kill me.  Something that was just too adorable was that every time Kai got hungry and would start to cry, Seven could hear him from the backyard and would start to howl.  And I know it was Seven, cause I recognize his howl.  It was so funny.  It was much like this video and I was laughing so hard to hear him in the back howling away with little Kai. 

Unfortunately the rest of the weekend was spent on the couch battling some of the worst allergies I've ever had. I used almost an entire box of kleenex, took 3 steaming, hot showers and slept an insane amount of hours.

Thankfully, I'm doing much better today and and am looking forward to a great week!

No comments: