So I've refrained from goal-making the last few years for fear of failing at them. This year, I say phooey! I'm a goal setter and list maker and I just need to embrace my type-A quirkiness and get on with it!
Here we go.
1. Read 30 books. (Last year I read 16 - which I consider pretty pathetic. In 2008 I read 38 books, so I know I'm capable of it!).
2. Rejoin the Daring Bakers and get back to doing what I love! BAKING~! That means one baking creation a month! Stay tuned, I will blog my adventures with the challenges!
3. Cook more! I get in ruts and become completely uninspired when it comes to making dinner and I have several cookbooks that I need to crack open. I'm going to aim to cook at least 2 new meals a week from cookbooks I already own.
4. Less TV - this one has already been put into practice the last month or so because Jason and I have put into effect a "no-tv" rule on weekdays. It's been forcing me to read more and focus on other things (like the hotness that is my man - INCLUDING getting to bed earlier). And that is a lovely thing.
5. Finish A Quilt - I started making a quilt with my MIL a while ago and need to finish it this year!!
6. Finish Kai's Birth Announcement - I am almost finished with Julie's embroidered baby announcement gift and I need to get on it and finish it before his 1st birthday! Yeah that's a bit embarrassing to admit.
7. Create 5 handcrafted pieces for an Etsy shop. I've been putting that off for-ev-er.
8. Lose 20 pounds!!
9. Start walking Jeep in the mornings before work (once the weather is no longer in the 20's and it's not pitch black outside ;-) ) I don't want to officially call this an "exercise goal" because I just might break into hives.
10. Make Christmas Stockings for Jason, myself, the pups & Banks. (Ours are very generic and I want to actually make some homemade ones)