Tuesday, April 24, 2007

California is calling my name!

In just a little over two days, I will be finding myself in sunny Clovis, California. Jason and I are heading out to Jerry & Sherry's home (my mom-in-law & dad-in-law) for a little sun, fun and relaxation. That's right folks - get them puzzles ready! While we're there we also have tickets to go see the Clovis Rodeo - yippe-ki-yea!!! If you know me at all, you know that I love a good rodeo and I've been hearing for the last couple years how amazing this rodeo of theirs is - and it just so happens to be over the weekend of my birthday. (*sigh*) Yes, another year older. I'll be 27. (**giggle**)

For the upcoming trip, I'm going through my typical OCD routine of having to write out a very detailed packing list from detailing every toiletry I own, down to coordinating the color of underwear with each outfit. Jason gets a kick out of it - but I'm compulsive like that and I have to have my systems or I get a little weird. I also got to do a little shopping last night. Isn't it normal for someone to want a few new things to wear when going on vacation? I scored some great deals and found some really cute shorts and tops at Old Navy and Charlotte-Russe. And Lord willing, I'm hoping to return with a tan.

This last weekend was my dad's 49th birthday....er, I mean 47th birthday. :-) We're exactly 30 years apart. Kati did a great tribute to him on her blog - you can check it out by going to my links on the right. I stole this picture from her post, it was too cute not to post again. That's my dad when he was younger - isn't he hot??

Other news worth noting: Jason is continuing to meet with Publishers on a weekly basis. We have yet to hear anything for sure on the Midas possibility, so he's moving forward with still putting himself in front of publishers and getting his name out there. We really believe that when its right, God will open the door for the right publisher to sign him, whether its Midas or someone else. God is good. Along with finishing up some songs in the studio, he's been putting in quite a few hours at Mortons. It is prom season....so pray for him :-) I kid you not, he had this high school couple come in and spend $109.80 and give him $110 and told him to keep the change. Yeah that's correct - 20 cent tip. They were very lucky he didn't catch up to them in the parking lot. However, a highlight was he was able to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hill in all their glory when they came in for dinner last Friday night - now that's class. Jason confirmed that she really is just as pretty in person as she's made out to be in on TV. I would have made a mad dash to stalk them out while they were there, but instead I was on my "date" with Brooke at the movies. We saw In The Land of Women and went to Cheeseburger Charley's for dinner. yum!

Softball season has returned and we find ourselves juggling small group and games every Tuesday night. Last week our small group was moved to Monday so we could all attend a class on The Tomb of Jesus, given by a renowned Archaeologist who is out to disprove the claims that the tomb was recently discovered by Titanic director James Cameron. I'm really intrigued by archaeology and found the class really interesting. But then it also freed up our Tuesday, so not only me, but our friends Ben & Alicia could join us to cheer Jason on at his game. He didn't disappoint either - hit a home run right from the get-go. That's my man! Afterwards we headed back to Ben & Alicia's to satisfy our American Idol fix. Yes, we are addicts.

I'll be sure to bring my camera and get a few shots on our trip in CA and post for all the world to see...at least that's my goal. I wish you all a wonderful and blessed week!

1 comment:

Katrina Hope said...

will jason be playing any baseball this summer while I am there??