Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Veggin Weekend

This weekend was wonderful. It was everything I needed it to be after such a long week. Jason and I caught up on some much needed sleep and time together. He got home early Friday from a slow night at work and we watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. He hadn't seen it before and we wanted to watch it before seeing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Saturday we enjoyed some sweet tea and warm sunshine as we sat on our front porch playing Mancala, before he had to head into work that evening.

Sunday, Joe Beam preached a great message on the book of Ruth at church and afterward Jason and I walked around Loews for garden ideas and then Cool Springs Mall for a little lunch and shopping. That evening we met up with our friends Chad & Tabby, and Jeff Hooper and his son Cade and headed to the Watertown Drive In to see a double-feature: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Ironman. We had such a great time and really enjoyed both movies quite a lot!

Monday we both had the day off, so we decided to use some gift cards we'd been saving and headed out once again to see yet one more movie, Prince Caspian and then have dinner at TGIFridays. A lot of people actually had the same idea we did, because it stormed pretty hard most of the day. We ended the 3 day weekend, hanging out at Barnes & Nobles sipping hot coffee and browsing landscaping magazines. When we got home, it was still fairly early so we curled up on the couch to read for a bit before heading to bed. We put no expectations on the weekend and just played everything by ear, and it was so relaxing for the both of us. (I know can you imagine, me with no expectations...)

Tonight Jason has a softball game, but the forecast is for more storms, so we're not really sure if its going to happen or not. Either way, we get yet one more evening together which I'm very much looking forward to.

Oh and we bought our tickets to Oregon for our family trip! Yea!! Now its actually starting to sink in that we're going and I'm starting to get really excited. 31 days to go and I'm already wanting to write out my packing list. I asked Jason last night, "what do you want to bring on our trip?" and he started laughing at me. This of course coming from the man that packs literally an hour before we're supposed to head to the airport. Don't worry honey, I'll be sure to pack "Huckleberry Finn" for ya!

oh AND! to clear up the mystery here....the anonymous person who felt compelled to correct both mine and my sister's spelling errors in a rare comment, was actually my scrabble-addict of a husband. He's one of my "ghost readers" who stays quite current on the blog, but never actually comments....till now. Thanks my love. ;-)

3 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

good grief... that's what I get for assuming. It still cracked me up, even though I blamed the wrong guy.

Unknown said...

yeah I thought it was pretty funny too Rach, don't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, Rachel....
I wanted to.. Good going, Jason!!!
:-) Love ya, Dear.. DAD