Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ugh.

It's looming over me people. The big dark 3-0 is just hours away. I have no excitement about this one whatsoever. I actually kinda feel a bit depressed about it. I'm sick, pmsing and exhausted. And all you older folks, don't roll your eyes at me for saying it - you know you felt it when your big 3-0 came up too. It's just that its the dawning of a new decade and I haven't quite figured out how to process this one yet. And I miss my family. And I miss my friends. I miss them a lot.

We've got plans for dinner tomorrow night with some of our "younger" small group friends at Bonefish to celebrate mine and our friend Genesis' birthdays. Normally I would be super excited, but the frustration of this stupid sickness is robbing my joy. Lord I need you to heal me, so I can enjoy every morsel of that pork tenderloin from Bonefish that I'm going to order tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

awww, kimmers :( ....just hours to come, and you will have fun tomorrow night :) Maybe tomorrow the me-monster will even let you talk at lunch ;) heeheeeehee

The Stockwells said...

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I am right behind you so dont be depressed. At least there are other people joining you in this new adventure :) This is going to be your best year yet! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Rachel Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Praying for your complete healing!

Camille said...

"Thirty and flirty and thriving..." I think that's what they say in 13 Going On 30. Just keep telling yourself.

When you blow out the candles on your free dessert, just wish to get better. It will work--I just know it!