Monday, June 09, 2008

Daring Bakers

I LOVE to bake. My family and friends all know this about me. I have a teensy-weensy obsession with yummy food. It makes me happy and when eating something especially delicious I tend to wiggle back and forth in my seat. Jason thinks I'm weird for this, but what can I say, its one of my quirks. Even last night I sat there wiggling away as I was enjoying my boiled and buttered artichoke - yum!!
Recently I decided to join up with a group of bloggers called The Daring Bakers. It's basically like a club of more than 1000 members that love to bake. Then at the beginning of each month, a couple of the members come up with a challenge for everyone to do for that month. At the end of the month on a given due date we all post our results of how our challenge turned out. There are even rules we have to follow in order to maintain our membership.

It's actually very cool and I visited a ton of websites to see how their May Challenge of the Opera Cake came out and it was fascinating to see all the different results. So I was hooked. I love to bake anyway, so this sounded like a lot of fun and I'm completely excited about it.


(this photo taken from: A Beautiful Mosaic)

(this photo taken from: Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats)

(this photo taken from: anm8rchick)

(this photo taken from Fud or Something Like It

(this photo taken from: Taste and Tell)


I'm telling you all this because once a month you will see my posted results from the challenge and you might wonder what the heck its all about. Now you know :-)

My first assignment comes in July, so really you won't see anything from me till the end of that month, but I still wanted to fill you all in on my new venture!!!

5 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

Kim not only loves to bake, but she is REALLY good at it...deliciousness enough to convince Rosie to buy a plane ticket and enjoy her good food for a week with me last summer in Tennessee!

Kim, I don't think I knew you wiggle back and forth when you taste yummy food..I do that too! Valerie Sarginson was the first person to point it out to me...I rock back and forth and sometimes sort of hum when I am enjoying something yummy! It used to entertain her to no end. lol.

I LOVE YOU!

Rachel Sarah said...

Your baking club sounds like fun, Kimmers. You must really get a kick out of that dinner scene in "What About Bob?" when he goes crazy over the food and goes on and on about how yummy it is. If you haven't seen it - take a look!

Melanie said...

and you can bring all of your amazing baked items to small group!!! :)

Anonymous said...

But FIRST, we will ALL enjoy some of this DEElicious BAKING near the sands of the OREGON coast in about (3) weeks !!!!! :-)) Oooohhh, my mouth is watering now.... ALL diets and medical restrictions will be lifted for this special week.... You hear me, Kris?? heh heh

Anonymous said...

Kim your Mom must have taught you well. To enjoy sweets so much and have such a great shape. Way to go Mom your the best. I wish I had a Mom like that. But the rocken thing, I'm not so sure where you Kelly girls get your rhyhtm that you even sway to food. On yea I saw your mom rock out. Now their is someone who can dance.